It is so weird because going back to Morocco for the second time, I had this confidence. My French isnt that great but it was enough to get me by. Buying stuff was so easy. In Marrakech you walk out into the Medina and immediatly are bombarded by men offereing stuff to you, as well as women coming up and grabbing your hands. You have to be so focussed on your destination. If you give the slightest acknowledgement to them they jump all over it and, with most tourists, will end up getting money! Some are snake charmers, others are with monkies and some funky looking guys just dressed up. It is so draining going out in a day! You focus so hard not to get taken over!
There was this boy in Essaouira, I had seen him the first year I was there. He was handicapped, I think only physically. He was in a wheelchair and had a tilted head and his hands were curled. But he would sell paintings. This year after a day of prayer I decided to buy a painting from him. They were draw with his mom, but i bet someone must have helped him. He actually spoke quite good english, he had a lock box on his lil table on his wheelchair wher eyou put the money... you had to have exact change. It was really crazy!
Spain was really cool. Santiago De Compostella was my favorite city. We would go to this park close by and sit and watch people. The park was filled with old men! It was so intruiging! They would walk arm in arm, like in groups of five chattering away! It was so beautiful.

Different cultures are so interesting. I thank God I get to expierence a few.
Love you all!

You are blessed to be able to have these awesome experiences, Cherie, but also may God bless you for obeying His call on your life. Talked just abit to Mike Thiessen today - he shared in church about going to N. Korea and I was pretty sure this was the guy you knew from Paisley. Love Mum
ReplyDelete