Sunday, March 03, 2013

Ethan Eric Timmermans

12 days ago we became a family of three. Oh how crazy, amazing and shocking it was. I do want to write out Ethan's birth story, but that just might take some time:) For now I will just write about my new life as a Stay At Home Mom.

Ethan is precious. After he was born I felt quite odd. I kept looking at him and kept feeling like "he is mine!?" It was such an odd feeling. He was outside of my body and he had a face and little body. No more of just feeling his kicks and hiccups!

Oh how I love it. I am surprised at how well I have been able to cope with the lack of sleep. Although I was spoiled for the first week! My mom flew out two days after Ethan was born. As she is an early early riser, she would take Ethan every morning after he nursed (usually between 6am-7am) and I could sleep with no interruptions for a couple hours. Boy was it heavenly! She also cooked and cleaned which was a huge blessing. Talk about leftovers galore! She left this last Tuesday and I am surprised at how normal it is already!! We are definitely not in a routine but Ethan is a great kid!

We also had a great visit from my sister in law Andrea and her two daughters! They came down for the day and the girls were precious with Ethan, they could not get enough of him! They couldn't stop talking about how tiny he was either!

Ben's parents are over this weekend and it has been great. More sleeping in for me and Mom has been cooking and cleaning! Such a blessing! It is hard not living near family but these past two weeks has been wonderful with family visiting!

Here are some of my favorite pictures of Ethan so far:)

Newly home and having some Father & Son bonding time. 

Mommy & Son bonding time too!

Grammie's favorite time with Ethan. 


Cousin Rachel love

Auntie Andrea & cousins Rachel & Kyla celebrating Ethan's Birth Day with us!

Grandma & Grandpa love








2 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully happy story - the end of a pregnancy and the beginning of your life with a baby boy. I miss those early morning cuddle times with Ethan. You two are such a great blessing to this grandson of ours! Love you all dearly. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!! He's adorable, glad you are getting all settled in with Ethan :)

    ReplyDelete