Wednesday, April 03, 2013

A Conundrum... Advice Please!

SO. . .  I am not sure what to do! After thinking about it, discussing with Ben and getting advice from others I am thinking about making my blog private.

I would rather not have tons of picture of Ethan widely available on the internet, my Facebook is very private and so is my Instagram... so what to do.

I don't like the idea of a private blog as that requires a sign in which hinders a lot of people from signing up:) And I would really love people I know but are not regular bloggers to be able to read my posts.

I could not post pictures of Ethan... but I find blogs with pictures so much more enjoyable!

I could post pictures that don't really show him... that could work but limits the pictures I can post... it would be pictures like these....


I could create a totally new blog that is private and only has pictures of Ethan then have my main blog in which I post writing posts on... but then why not just post all the pictures to Facebook only

What to do what to do! Help please!! Would lack of pictures make you stop reading?

5 comments:

  1. That is a dilemma. I'd probably go with making it private all together. I hardly check Heidi's picture blog, I feel bad about it, but I read her other one more. You could also do pics of him not showing his face, and then post his adorable pictures on facebook and instagram. Either or, I'd still try and check my private blogs more often. They dont appear in my rss feed, another bummer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont put pictures of my kids on my blog. I would still read yours without pictures :) I honestly have a hard time remembering to check private blogs. I have the same delima all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its a tough call. i sort of like the creativity of taking photos without showing my kids' faces, but also wish i could show off their adorableness to the world. my choice to do a private photo blog for them started before fb and instagram, so if i were you, i'd choose not to do a separate blog. i only keep it up cuz its sort of my baby book for all 3 of them. so yeah, i suppose i'd say keep this blog open and go nutso with photos on fb for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love coming to read your blog and will admit I wouldn't come often if I had to sign in. Creative shots are still special even though we can't see the full glory that is Ethan.......but I can happily see the full pics on fb.
    -Tamara L

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to sign in to read a few people's blogs, but I don't mind...once I'm signed in I'm good to go for all the private blogs. I'd suggest just making this blog private and then you can post whatever pictures of your little cutie you want, as well as your writing to go along with it. Either way, I'll follow your blog :)

    ReplyDelete