All day friday was getting ready for the May schools graduations. We helped clean the rooms, make the food and set up everything. Then all the girls locked their doors to their rooms so they could primp for at least an hour:) The graduation was wonderful! Mel, the German Staffer, made lasagna. It was delicious. The decorations were beautiful too! Then we all moved into the lecture hall and watched a video one of the girls made. Ahhh it made me almost cry, all these memories they had. Then they got their certificates and said blessings over each student. Oh man there was one girl, Michele, after she got her blessing she did this funny dance back to her seat, it involved flayling arms and jumping...well she was wearing these knited shoes and ummm our floor is wood...she totally slipped and fell on her side. It was something you would see on Funniest Home Videos...Ah we burst out laughing. She was ok. hahah
Later one we had a Ceilidh, now for those of you who dont know what that is....its a Scottish themed night...type thing...it is like a Barn dance. Like its a night for stories, games, and the most popular...dancing. There is an announcer too! And you dance to bagpipes! Oh wow is it funny! There is a dance called the Canadian Barn dance...but its totally scottish! hahah Another dance is called the Virginia Wheel...I like that one. With almost all of them you get a partner and go around in a circle doing the steps, it is great fun. This is my third one and I still suck at it! Although I finally mastered the parts where you had to waltz!!!! I was so proud of myself, although most of hte times it was because I let the guy lead:) I got some wonderful pictures...so i lied....I have some wondeful video footage...which I cant show on here...I have one alright picture:)

This is the last dance of the night I forget what it is called but everyone stands a two lines and the top people spin 16 times then each go to the opposite sex and spin then spin each other then the next people they spin with then spin each other....you can kinda get the picture...Wow do you get dizzy!!! but ya...dang! It was some good times though!
It was sad to see that this was everyones last night together, one girl left this morning and the rest leave on monday. It is hard to say good bye. Alright I better be off...i slept in till 1230 this morn! yes!
cheers
cherie

cherie,
ReplyDeletei've only danced one ceilidh. i always waited for a guy to ask me to dance; NEVER the other way around, but for some reason, i went up to josh stewart (who i barely knew at the time) and told him, "i'm going to dance at the ceilidh tonight and you're going to be my partner." and i did and he was, and despite that fact that he stepped on my toes about a million times and that we never did get the waltzing part right, i believe that that dance sealed our fate: to dance through life together for the rest of our days.