Outreach is officially over. I arrived back into Paisley this afternoon. Im exhausted. We spent the night in the Stansted airport, I actually slept about 5 hours surprisingly! We had spent the day in London. Well first off before I talk abotu outreach I would like to thank everyone who sent me something! I was so excited to find soooo much mail here waiting for me! Family I love all the gifts...and I loved reading all the newsletters makes me feel a lil closer to home! I had a mini christmas up in my room. I put on christmas music and everything. It was awesome.
Alright so outreach. Wow looking back is odd, I havent processed it yet. It was hard, hard to lead four guys with another girl leader. So the beginning. We started out in Gibralter. Oh my an amazing place. So beautiful and the people were amazing. We were shown hospitality I had never dreamed of. We worked with the local Catholic church. It was really interesting because I had never really know much about Catholosism but this church had recently had a Revival Rennual. We worked with the youth group. Some fun kids. We also spoke at the school to 16-18 year old girls. It was a religion class but its main focus was Christianity so we spoke about our walk with God. Most girls were not Christian. I think we had quite an impact on them, we were told they never ask questions but they were firing them off quite hard. There was even a Muslim girl who normally is excused from the class because she is muslim but she decided to stay and listen to us. We started out by handing out flowers that had lil verses on them telling them they are beautiful in Gods sight. They all let out "awwws". The guys were a big hit.
The next place was Morocco. There was mostly prayer. We stayed in Essaouira for 7 days and just prayed, handed out money and food to beggars and hung out with some of our old friends we had met last year. I loved being back there but it was nice to leave after 10 days. It is very spritiually waring there.
Then into Spain! We went quite all over! Madrid was first. We stayed at the YWAM base there. This was over Christmas and New Years so we had quite a bit of time off. I enjoyed seeing the centre of Madrid, very beautiful. We also painted some of the rooms for the base, just to help them out.
Next after a lot of prayer we decided to go to Santiago De Compostela. Jules knew about an ancient Celtic trek that was 90km long. So low and behold we did it! With full packs! But thankfully we had decided to pack light and left most of our stuff in Madrid to pick up later. Santiago is a beautiful city. Awesome people. I felt so welcome there. We met another Missions Organization that owned a coffee shop so that was really cool. Alright now the hike, it was hard. Definitly not easy. I got really bad blisters and every was exhausted. But we pulled through, we even had some good laughing times. The scenery was breathtaking. It did not look like Spain at all. Finesterra was the last town, it was quaint, light house on the west coast. Hundreds of years ago pilgrames would walk there from southern spain and come to this shore and burn their clothes. So we each burned some of our clothes. It was fun:)
The last week was spent in Seville. We had some awesome prayer there but it was only two days and we flew out. Now Im back. Debrief weeks starts on Monday then Graduation on Friday. I cannot believe its so close to over! Thank you everyone for your prayers, please continue to pray for renewing strength! Love you all! God Bless
Where Has Time Gone?
4 months ago

hey, sis!
ReplyDeletei'm so glad you're blogging again. i did read your xanga while you were gone, but i wasn't able to comment because i wasn't a member or something. did you get our parcel? hey, only 3 more months! love you
-heidi