Tuesday, June 18, 2013

So Close!

I should be packing right now. We move in 6 days BUT we get keys to our new house in 2 DAYS!!! I cannot wait! We are almost home owners:) I feel so grown up!

My sister asked me the other day what type of baby Ethan is (according to the Baby Whisperer types).
The different types are (paraphrasing from Tracy Hogg's book):
Angel Baby Super amazing always happy never worry about anything; good as gold
Textbook Baby Happy most of the time and cries when it is normal to cry/fuss; very predictable baby
Touchy Baby Ultrasensative baby with lots of sensory challenges; always crying as things startle them easily
Spirited Baby Knows what they like/dislike; vocal & seems aggressive at the time; fast to do things ton their own
Grumpy Baby They are mad at the world and will let you know it; doesn't smile much and hates getting changed.

After taking the test Ethan is 70% Textbook, 25% Angel & 5% Touchy! So Ethan is a pretty good baby!!

About a week ago I decided to stop nursing Ethan to sleep for naps. I had tried to stay away from nursing him to sleep but after not napping for 2 months I finally gave in. Well it has been 8 days since I stopped and it is going quite well. I was so scared to try but then one Saturday I wanted to go pick something up but realized I couldn't leave Ethan that long as he was napping! (he would nurse a few minutes to go to sleep then nurse fully when he woke up!!) So I was constantly going to be stuck! So that made my resolve easy and I knew I was going to stick with it. It only took about 3 naps for him to get used to it.

There was one hard day after he had been doing well where he got very overstimulated before his nap and he cried for about 15 minutes with Ben trying to rock him and settle him! I tried to stay away as I really didn't want to give in a nurse him! His mobile finally did the trick and he calmed down by watching it and fell fast asleep! Now we have our little routine, turn on his nightlights and read a few books then sing him a song and put him in bed. He does this thing where he raises both of his legs and slams them down then brings them back up and slams them again... but I guess it soothes him as he quietly sucks on his soother and falls asleep in a few minutes!

I cannot imagine life without Ethan, he makes me smile all day long. Even as I am writing this, he is chilling in his bouncy chair vigorously chewing on the toys with a furrowed brow (but very quietly!)

He loves having his feet straight up in the air whenever we change him and he has found his feet... but he doesn't always touch them... he just stares at them... and watches and he claps them together!

my boy and his hands... always doing something with those hands!


1 comment:

  1. What a delightful synopsis on a very precious baby. So glad you are enjoying him. Hope your move goes smoothly, praying for you. XO

    ReplyDelete