Yes I was at Futureshop today! It was just such a perfect title though! Because for the past, I guess, two months that has been on my mind. Only it worsened this week! So bad that I have not been able to sleep very much these past 3 nights! And you know after reading my latest blogs sleep is necissary for me! So it is quite an uproar!
So here is the story. I got home from my DTS (Discipleship Training School) for YWAM in the end of Jan. I had planned to go to CBC, well that was my thought. CBC is Columbia Bible College down the street from my house. Since I was little I had wanted to go there. Well in Jan I started working to save up for it. Well it took me forever to fill out the application, and to be honest I never really finished it. Something just made me not. I dont know. Then about a month ago I had such a heavy feeling that CBC was not the right thing, it is one of those DEEp and i mean DEEP gut feelings. It happened while I was hanging out with God. Well that set me in an ackward stage! I just had no clue what to do. I missed Scotland sooo much. I had so many little ideas, go work at Starbucks in Scotland and live in a flat. There is this amazing little church that i absolutely loved in Glasgow and right down the street is a Starbucks that we used to hang out in every sunday. But at the same time I want to do something for God! Missions something I dont know. Even staying here and working didnt feel like I would be serving God! So I was in a coffufle! I had thought of staffing at the YWAM base I went to but i only thought about that for the future like 2 years or so cuz im only 19!
So that was my mind for the past couple months. Well on MOnday I decided to call my bestest friend from DTS, Stephanie, who happens to be the daughter of the base leaders in Scotland and is living in Scotland. Well I told her about my indecision about this fall and she jokingly said "Come staff this Sept" Man how can I explain the feeling deep down. Something I guess I coudl say jumped! hahah well after I could not get that out of my mind! Steph had said that they desperately needed another staff. That night i went to bed at 10, turned my lights off at 11 and FINALLY fell asleep at 2AM!!!! It was horrible! I prayed I thought I planned I got excited. I just couldnt get my mind off of it.
So to finish it up, I talked to Julie who was my leader during DTS and is leading this sept one as weel and we prayed about waht I should. Stephs parents, Gary and Bev, and Julie had the idea of me being an intern type deal. Since I am 19 and I dont belive in myself as spiritually mature enoough to lead the 29 and 26 year old coming in sept! Which sounded so great to me! That had been a huge scary part for me was the leading way older people. So here I would be under Julie and mentored and such by her. I would not quite lead much but here and there I would. Kind of like a staff in training. So now Im praying about it. Wow stressful! Im traying so hard to not freak out and just pray and see Gods guidance in what He wants me to do. But ah! So if I do this I would leave in about a month!
Man, so much. So if I could ask, if you ever think of me just say a little prayer for me. It is such a big decision, another thing is that if i do staff I have to commit to two schools which is about 2 years. So it is a huge commitment!
Well now Cherie must try to get some sleep! Im lucky cuz I was picked to open Starbucks tomorrow meaning waking up at 530 then I get a huge rush because we are right beside the canada day parade! ACK!!! not cool! hahah stupid frappachinos!
signing off
cherie
Where Has Time Gone?
6 months ago

haha i love all these insane cult-ish connections! YWAM is awesome too my best friend just did that in the cooke islands. i was pleased to discover they sell penguins at costco, i didn't know that! yeah i'm addicted to english candy, gained sixteen pounds at capers. as to the abbotsford girls...i didn't go to austria, but i know people who know them. the connections continue. umm...moving to vancouver in the fall...we could hang out...?
ReplyDeleteK, Cherie, that's an awesome opportunity for you!! I'll pray that you know God's guidance, because you need to fall back on that when the going gets tough~and it will. If you're there for 2 years, maybe Terran and Naomi can visit you! They'd like to take a trip to Sc. next year. :)
ReplyDeleteJust keep us updated!
A. Lil
ahhh, so THAT'S why you asked me when we're going to scotland next year! well, little sis, we'll be there at the beginning of april...or the middle, can't quite remember. over easter, i know that much. and we would LOVE for you to be there to welcome us. is st. andrews anywhere near paisley? how else would i get to see you any sooner?
ReplyDeletewe will be praying for you, that you make the RIGHT decision.
love you,
--heidi