Today was rainy. It was beautiful though. BC is always rainy. You get used to it. The other night some friends and I piled in to a truck with a ton of quilts and blankets and chillled on the edge of a lake with an out of tune guitar. It was beautiful. The stillness of the lake and just our laughter bouncing around. Altho there were a few interesting fellows on another dock listening to our conversations and adding a few things here and there. They were as we could say, "not in their right mind". After about an hour though the cold reached its slimy hands through our quilts and it was just not fun anymore!
At work I had a new expierence! I expodited! now for those of you who do not know what that is, it is the person in a restaurant that acts as a "in between" person for the servers and cooks! So pretty much i yell at the cooks if they get the order wrong and tell them to do certain things. It was fun yet a lil stressful. I dont think i did that good, i messed up a few orders, but the awesome waitresses all gave me a great pat on the back with my tips! hey i made $9.50 in 2 hours! that was sweet!
I have to expain the day waitresses that I work with twice a week at Red Robin. They a funny bunch of characters. First there is Kim, she runs the show, even with a manager on. You know how they say that wives turn the husbands neck, well that is Kim. They do not realize but she is always in charge. Plus she can handle more tables than anyone else while rackin in the tips. She is about 34 and has no husband and a young daughter who is going through the stage of loving makeup. Kim is great!
Then there is Tisha...or as we call her Squishy. She is about her mid thirties as well with a 16 year old son who i bus with. He is a hard worker too. Tisha seems really serious all the time but is always joking around.
Then Joolz is the best! She is a great Christian lady about mid thirties too! she is loud and bleach blond. Awesome lady! She can put a smile on anyones face at any time.
Last of all there is Chris, or Reider. He is the bartender. I heard he was about 40 but he doesnt look it. He is a stout black guy that has such a quiet voice i am always saying "what?" He is a fun guy too.
Well that is my day people, the evening servers are all younger and a quite silly fun and games bunch. Interesting times that is for sure.
Now i must be heading off to bed. My bed with a hot water bottle and my wonderful Ted Dekker book are shouting my name across the house! bye for now!
signing off
cherie
Where Has Time Gone?
5 months ago

Aww Cherie! I didn't know you were working at Red Robin still! That's so cute. ^_^ I'll come visit you in the Summer. I'm almost done school... April 23rd, I'm back. Love you and miss you!
ReplyDelete