Friday, April 29, 2005

Goliath

Well I made it home in one piece. Although a couple of ticks did enjoy my skin. EW! I was in Ramona, Cali for 5 days with my sister and her husband. Dang was it a fun time! First i went with my brother to the San Diego zoo, that place is wicked. I even got a lil burn on my shoulders. Ah its been too long since that has happened! Well the next day we all went to Six Flags Magic Mountain. Oh man that was awesome! oh and the best part was, Newsboys were playing a show there! So not only did we get in cheap cuz of coupons, but we got a free Newsboys concert as well! They were purely amazing!
Well i have to say that the best ride was The Goliath. I know Heidi and Josh will agree with me. It was the most exhilerating. Even more so than Batman and the Riddler which are both newer! The Goliath was just so ACK. The first time we went on it i wasnt too scared, more excited than anything. Well we start going up the hill, and we had been talkin that this was the biggest drop here or something. As we go up, I get more and more nervous. The seats had no shoulder strap or anything. Just a waste bar, i didnt know where to hold on. Well as we start to crest the top my heart stops beating and i think, "im actually gonna die". Well i didnt. We started the drop and i let out the biggest scream i could. Only problem was the drop was 250ft i believe and you run out of air in that time. So my scream, as well as many others, was put to a sudden stop as we lost air! As i am screaming i am lookin for the track below, but there is none! All i see is cement and absolutely no track! it was like the track was gone and we were all free falling! Well at the last second its pitch black. For about 2 seconds. Then light again! There was a tunnel at the bottom! oh wow was it scary! Then we go down another not as huge but still large drop. Then the coaster does this wierd and i mean wierd spin. It goes around like 3 times. My brother actually almost past out twice! But you feel gravity pulling you against your seat as you go around and around! oh my! By then us four are laughing histarically! You cant help it. You just saw your life pass before your eyes yet survive! The pic it took was amazing. My mouth is totally shut out of surprise and Jamie is trying to eat Joshs hair and Josh and Heidi are just letting out screams! Well after Josh said he had his arms up the first drop but when he saw the tunnel he thought his arms would be cut off and for the life of him he could not pull them down! hahaha
Well taht was my amazing time. We never did go on the two newest ones. Deja Vu and The X, The lines were 3 hours long and we thought, meh we can come back in a couple years when they arent so new!
So now i am home, working working. I thought for a week that i had to workin this morning at 730am after closing the nite before at 11. I couldnt understand why they would schedule that! Then i told someone at Starbucks and they were like, "are you sure u dont work sat" so i checked and sure enuf i have today off! so nice!
I just enjoyed a yummi pancake with strawberries, cold cup of milk, and a mug of coffee. Hmmm now thats the life! hahah
Well i am going to go enjoy my day off, you all have a wonderful day as well!
signing off
cherie

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, woe, I would Never Go On That Goliath ride, no way. I have in the past had my internal organs juggled around, just from the hellivator at Playland. But I am very glad you young people all loved it. Love, your aging mother.

    ReplyDelete