Sunday, June 19, 2005

Busy Weekend

Yesterday my cousin got married. It was a beautiful wedding. I didnt know this cousin to well, she was one of the quieter ones in the family. Especially for the Neufeld family. She had the colors black and red. It was really quite genious! So the bridesmaids had black dresses, very cute and simple, then they had red rose bouqets! So smart! I thought is was so beautiful! It was actually quite a nice day too. Her two brothers were the MCs. It was quite funny because the older brother Shaun is the shyest guy I have ever met! And here he was with his younger brother cracking all these jokes! They were very good! A bit nervous but it only showed a bit! One of the best MCers I have ever seen!

You know how they always have the tinking of the glass for kissing of the bride and groom, well Shaun and Scott changed it a bit. They had a box with everyones name in it! They would pick them out and those two people had to kiss a special way or a crazy way and Sarah and Ray (the bride and groom) had to mimic it. Well I started to panic! I didnt want to kiss some stranger! Well it turned out that they had couple names in there, so wow did that help! Some did quite funny things!

The dancing was also quite a show. My Aunt had gone around making sure people were going to dance and it wouldnt be a totally blow. Well we are mostly all mennonites. If any of you out there know mennonites, we dont dance. I dont know if it had to with skill butI believe mostly beliefs. Vertical movement leads to horizontal movement (as I heard once at camp) Or as we said at MEI (mennonite educational institute) Sex leads to dancing! ooo very bad! Well the music comes on and there are lots of the older generation dancing! it was quite a show! Believe me though, you could tell most were mennonite! It was a fun show though! I cracked up went 50 Cent came on. But no one really slowed down. Funny times.

Thankfully after it is was all done, I am happy to admit, I am not longing to get married. Sometimes weddings can do that to girls, but not to me yesterday. It was nice! Well i am off to Reds! That was my day off! Now back to another couple weeks of straight work! cheers
signing off
cherie

1 comment:

  1. Good description of Sarah and Ray's wedding! Some of the things you said were so cute! I think one phrase is supposed to be "Dancing leads to sex" instead of vice versa!! It's okay, it made me laugh!
    Was so good to see you all there!
    A. Lil

    ReplyDelete