I know it has been a terribly long time since i blogged! im sorry! im always working or sleeping! hahah that is my life! But this past week was amazing! i had so much fun.
Ok so, wednesday i took a 45 minutes drive down the the United States of America. It was actually a pretty drive! I enjoyed it. The really sucky thing though was that I had made it to the Aldergrove border which is about 20 minutes from here and i realized....i forgot my passport and i dont have my birth certificate with me! agh! soooo annoying. So i had to go all the way home! bah. I was supposed to meet joey at like 730 and it was 730 when i got home to get my passport! oops. Well Joey is from my DTS. My school in Scotland. He lives in Hawaii and he came out to Bellingham!!! I was so excited! It was so cool being able to see him and catch up. He was even on my cook team in Scotland! Every tuesday and friday joey micah and I would have a great singing time in the kitchen of Stanely House. Well i didnt sing, but Micah and Joey sure did. Ah good times. You would not believe how many meals we messed up and just made up half the stuff we put in them and everyone loved it. We were seriously the worst at cooking. But it was a blast. I miss those days especially. That is why it was so great to see Joey again. Such a different part of my life.
So I picked him up in Bellingham and we came back to Abby. He stayed at my house for the night and the next day we headed for Vancouver. Joey is a major photographer. He had a great digital camera in Scotland which he used all hte time. Only he forgot it in the van when we went to Morocco so it stayed in Scotland while we all were headed away. That was really sucky, for all of us cuz he took such amazing pictures. But somehow we did manage! So he got a new camera, or i should say an old one for free, so we stopped in Whiterock which is such a beautiful and fun coast place. He took a few pics and stuff, it was a blast! The weather actually held out for us too! Then we headed to Stanely Park. It was so beautiful and breathtaking. We saw some quirrels and Canadian Geese that were being fed cereal. It was quite funny. The one squirrel actually came up to me and ate from my hand!!! it was soooooo cute! So after that we headed home and stopped by Montanas in Langley. Joey found it funny how Montana is in American but the signs all over the place were purely Canadian. (eh written everywhere)
The Eve I would have to say was the best part. We got to go our for coffee with Anthony!!!! another one from DTS!!!! Anthony grew up in Indonesia (his parents missionaries) and has a girlfriend that he met there who is also a MK from Canada! Saskatoon to be exact and mennonite! Well her grandparents live in Abbotsford! So Anthony was here for a family reunion with her! So crazy how it was the same time that Joey was here from Hawaii!!! And another plus was i finally got to meet this infamous Rachel (his gf) I had heard about day in and day out! Oh wow it was a blast! just laughing and hanging out with them two again. Sigh. So man memories I finally really got to talk about with people who understand! Like I said a whole other life colliding into the current one! I wish it could stay and not change.
So now I am proud to say that I have seen half of the people from my DTS. I have seen Steph and her parents (my leaders), Jooey from Hawaii, and Anthony who is living in Seattle. Now all i need to do is drive down to Oregon to see Mark which i WILL do this summer. Fly to Norway and see Gunhild, fly to Wisconson and see Jules and Micah then tenesee to see Justyn. hahah i dont know if that will all happen. But i really really wanna go to Norway one day. The pictures I have seen of it are just gorgeous.
It was really sad to say goodby to Anthony and Joey but one day I will see them again. So that makes me ok with it.
Sigh, now i strolling thru memory lane. So im gonna post pics...of the good times in Celtic Way DTS...ya the only one without relationship problems!!! WE ROCK!hahah
signing off
cherie
Where Has Time Gone?
4 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment