Saturday, February 11, 2012

My Man's 26th!

There are only 3 months every year that Ben is a different age than me. Coincidentally we got married in those three months:) Yesterday was Ben's birthday and I wanted to make it special... I had quizzed him for a month trying to find out what HE really wants to do. He kept saying "You make me dinner" which didn't sit well with me! Everything I make, I make all the time! Except for one meal which I had made recently. I love going out, but he goes out for lunch ALL the time because of work and travel. And he wanted to go see the new Underworld.

But he already knew about dinner and the movie and I'm all about surprises... so I woke up at 630 am (which is early for me!) and made him Dutch Pancakes! He was really surprised and
loved it:)

So that was it then! I had to make him my one fancy meal... Chicken Cordon Bleu! It is a recipe I found a couple years ago on AllRecipes.com, it had raving reviews so I tried it. My first attempt failed miserably but the second time it came out amazingly!

The main course was set... the sides were easy... I had leftovers from Bible Study of an amazing salad with strawberries, almond slices & spring mix lettuce. Ben LOVES some mashed potatoes, especially with my parents Apple Sauce which we have one serving left of! And asparagus is another one of his favorites.

Dessert... that was the hard one... there are only two of us... Ive made him cupcakes before and I don't really want to buy a cake... then a great idea hit me... Ben LOVES cheesecake... and I had seen a delicious looking No Bake cheesecake recipe on Pinterest!

I had hoped to make it look as beautiful as this...

But I couldnt get the piping down right.... so mine didn't turn out was nice! But it was still yummy!
So there it was... my special meal for Ben finally had come together:) Everything turned out beautifully! I even pulled out our china dishes and white table cloth out.

He loved his gifts too:)

I got him the entire Arrested Development series which we had been talking about recently a lot and wanted to re-watch. And I got him a new leather Bible with his name engraved on it:) I had been planning it for awhile, we always share my Bible at Church because his Bible is from elementary school and is very used!

The only hitch was the movie... we got there... got great seats... the commercials started... and previews... then BAM Neon Pink & Neon Green... the movie looked like it was showing in Negative... 10 minutes later after 2 people leaving and my eyes getting sore trying to figure out what the heck was going on in the movie the manager came out and announced they downloaded the movie in 3D! this was no 3D! Anyway, they handed out free movie passes and said it would take 15 minutes... 20 minutes later they handed out free popcorn passes.... and another 10 minutes later they finally announced that the movie would not work and handed out another movie pass as we left. Oh well.

That part didn't work out the best... but we got free movie tickets!

All in all I would say the day was a success:)

4 comments:

  1. happy belated birthday, ben! without FB in my life, i am lost in remembering birthdays! your whole meal looked excellent and that dessert has my mouth watering :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Ben.

    Well done Sweetheart.

    Love Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a pretty awesome day for both of you, how wonderful. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That no bake cheesecake looks fantastic! Glad Ben had such a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete