I should really be sleeping right now but I got a memory in my head and I need to write it out to get it out! Well I dont even know what I was thinkin about but suddenly as I was trying to fall asleep I was suddenly transported to a memory from 8 months ago.
Well it was around Dec 2004 in Agadir, Morocco, North Africa. Our YWAM team had a habit of making names for the places we would eat. We had in Essaouira, The Brochette Man, The Pizza Man, The Chocolate Bar Man, The Spice Shop. Well we left Essaouira which was most of our favourite places and went to Agadir, a much more western town. Now I dont mean Western as in American Westerns, I mean they are becoming more modern. Well we were so excited to find this little shop. Actually I believe it was Gunna and Jules who went for a walk and found it the first day we arrived in Agadir. It was this little old man who had a tiny cafe. He sold yogurt and such and these Sandwiches. They didnt look to amazing but they tasted like heaven! He made them with fresh baked brochettes and the cute THICK peices of cheese and some slices of tomato on it. Oh it was delicious! He even served us Hot Chocolate that was to die for! We went there almost everyday! It was really cheap too. 5 Durham!!! we were all stoked! The downfall of the Sandwich was that the brochette sometimes was baked a little to crips and it cut my small mouth! not fun!
Well that is what I wanted to share, but as I thought about writing that my mind wandered to the three cafes in Agadir! It was the oddest set up. I remember walking by them as we walked to our hotel right off the bus. Well it was three cafes built all right beside each other, they all had pretty nice set up of tables outside. Each Cafe had a spokes person that wandered around. Any white person spotted all three (or sometiems more) of the guys who swoop to these foreigners! all showing the menus trying to buy them! It was crazy beign bombarded like that! One night we went to the middle one then the next day we went to one of the side ones and our waiter was dissappointed! It was actually cute, so we went back to the middle one! I actually have a picture too! We wqent there on our last night as a girls night and got picture with the waiters! Its amazing how many people there are crosseyed! I wish I had more picture to explain the ways of Morocco but I only have some. So here are a few enjoy!
siging off
cherie
Where Has Time Gone?
5 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment