Sunday, September 04, 2005

The Beginning

The DTS has now started! We had our welcome dinner last night, it went really well. We had so many guest that only like 3 of us cooked for 34 people! It was yummi. After we had an intro to the school and played some games I organized! They worked out amazingly! The night was a major success. Now here is a great picture of Phil and Joy, they got engaged last week! I know I talked about it and here they are! Awww so cute.
It is a little different being on staff with the friendship part. I feel a bit distant from the girl students so different from my own dts girls! Oh well I just need to give it some time. I started up my puzzle! So enjoyable, its in the staff lounge so I can just go in there and relax and do my puzzle. Reminds me of home:<
Yesterday was a totally wierd day! 10 am Gary, Julie, Bjorn and myself headed off to Glasgow to go to Hope Church. Well about half way there we hit traffic! It didnt make sense on a sunday. Well it took awhile but we finally realized that we had got the day that the Great Scottish 10km Run was! Plus a Half Marathon! Oh my was it bad. We were stuck in thick traffic and could not get close to downtown. Which unfortunatly is right where are church is! So after about an hour we gave up. We knew church was already almost over and we would have to park far away so we slowly made our way home. Which ended up taking another hour. We got home at 12:45! Oh so long. But a few good things came. It was funny to watch the runners. We saw some pretty dressed up people. One guy was an Indian! It was hilarious!

This picture above is the jam we were dead stopped in for the longest time! Then the one to the right is a car that was next to us. These are the types of cars that are everywhere! Every car is nice and shiny! So sweet. This is an Audi, very typical for UK drivers.

Alright its time for me to be out. Peace!
Cheers
cherie

No comments:

Post a Comment