Sunday, September 02, 2012

Thoughts on Pregnancy

Ben & I have been enjoying the long weekend in Edmonton staying with Ryan & Andrea (Ben's brother & his wife's house). Rachel, our 5 year cutie pie niece, is quite a unique character (I interviewed her 2 years ago in this blogpost). Ben & I have been asking her for the last year what she thinks about us having a baby... she is very against the idea. After having two young siblings and no longer being the only child/grandchild(on the Timmermans side) she understands that babies make adults not pay attention to you:) Well when we announced that we were pregnant she was none to pleased. But it seems that this attitude is slowly shifting... I think she has a plan. She is now very excited and keeps asking me "Is Baby T heavy??" and says "I think Baby T is a boy so he can be a boy friend to Levi!" (her 1 year old little brother). I believe her plan is now for us to have a boy... who Levi can play with and not take up all of our attention and keep the attention on her. Very cute:) Or maybe she is realizing that she loves her cousins on her mom's side and has NO cousins on the Timmermans side and it WILL be a lot of fun:) Needless to say, I am happy that she is finally happy to have a new cousin Timmermans next year.

Pregnancy is totally not what I thought it would be. In my head, I thought pregnant woman are always feeling something. It seems impossible that you don't feel something with such a big bump on the front! But that is not true... even last week I forgot I was pregnant! It slips from my mind then I feel my tummy is poking out pretty far and I am brought back to reality! I just thought is would be so different feeling!

I am now 16 weeks, and they(whoever they are!) say that you can start feeling the baby between 15-20 weeks... well I don't feel much at all!! They say small flutters... but I can't tell if these flutters are indigestion or stretching ligaments! So maybe I have felt Baby T move... but I have no clue!! I hope I can tell soon though!! As I enter this 16th week I am starting to feel more than before... and sleeping is getting harder... not impossible yet but harder!

The thing they are correct about is the tiredness! Oh boy!! And the forgetfulness! I am so bad... I have always had a great memory and now it is mush!! I even forgot to pack a couple of essentials for Edmonton this weekend!


Rachel today:)

3 comments:

  1. HA! HA! Great insights, Cherie!! You WILL know pretty soon what those kicking feelings are, because they persist! Aside from tiredness, sleeplessness, and MORE uncomfortableness later on, you will enjoy the child of your own making!! It's something so precious. You forget some of the things you're writing about now. But it's good to keep this journal, too!!
    Blessings to you three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day soon you will know for sure that you are feelilng baby dance. It is the most wonderful thing. Excited for you to soon know what I mean. Love and hugs to you and baby T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me a while to distinguish baby movements. I loved watching my belly move when they get huge, its so entertaining! I had so many of those moments where I'd forget I was carrying around a beach ball sized belly.

    ReplyDelete