Sunday, May 29, 2005

19 Years Ago

So here I am. Finally 19!!! Yay! I got two birthday days. On Friday it was my birthday meal with my family. It was kinda harsh though because I worked from 530am to 1145. But I had time for a nap before supper so that helped. Mom made some delicious burgers!hmmm but it is still really painful to eat. I got my favorite fruit salad too! I got some great gifts too! Money for a digital, photo album, puzzle (yes i know im a geek) a purse and lots a other stuff! Well after the meal I rushed off to my friend Kelsi's Graduation Ceremonies at Sevenoaks Alliance Church. Oh my goodness was it hot. Like I mean 36 C!!! It was a painful 3 hours, and I was an hour late too! Oh my!

So then to get to my birthday that was awesome!!!! Worked 530-1130, drank a TON of coffee and rushed to my friend Brittany's house. It was so hot! We packed a huge lunch in a cooler and 6 of us piled into a tiny little car and drove an hour too these waterfalls. They are past Cascade Falls in Hatzic. You have to drive 7 km on this horrible gravel road.

Last summer we went up there a lot and one of the first times we went up with a guy from Saskatchwen. Ok Sask has no mountains. So Mark loving the mountains drove a lil....crazy. Well we realized after swimming for 3 hours that he had busted the oil pan on a rock! Not cool! Cell phones dont work up there! so we were busted. Well crazily enough we stopped some people that had a satalite phone! We were out in the boonies! So they towed us up the first big hill. We decided to push for awhile cuz it seemed downhill at least a bit. Me being the lucky one got to steer!!! So they pushed, I coasted. They pushed up one lil hill and oh there I go and go, and go. For two kilometers!!!! I just kept going and going! It was freaky cuz the breaks didnt work too well with the car off. And there were some steep hills and some major pot hills!!! Finally I stopped. Got out, went to the bathroom in the bush and got ready to wait for awhile. I knew it would be at least 15 minutes for them to walk all that way! Thing is I didnt realize how far I coasted! But about 5 minutes later a big truck stops beside me and they all pile out of hte back! They had hitched a ride! It would have taken them about an hour to walk all that! So these guys towed us up the next hill! It was so perfect! Then we got a good idea. They push, I steer and when a hill comes they all jump in and come for the ride! So they pushed a bit and we hit a hill and coasted another 2 kilometers! With all of us in the car. It was so perfect! Now that was one of the best days last summer. Poor Mark, it was his rents car and he had just returned from Australia. Plus it was a VW, extremely expensive to fix!

So anyhoo...that is our story from The Falls. Everytime we go up there something wrong happens. Flat tire, keys locked in the car, overheated car, everything! So we got up there and met our guy friends who had camped over night. It was a blast. The weather was perfect for the glacial water. We all got a lil burnt. It was the perfect relaxing birthday ever! Later we all went to Milestones for dinner and I got a free dessert!

Well its my night off and I am off to watch a movie! Nights
signing off
finally 19, cherie

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun party, Cherie! So you're 19, last year of the teens. Enjoy it~years disappear so quickly!!
    Hey, do you want any penpals from here in Montrose? There are a couple kids that work at Starbucks, that are Christians, have done (or will be doing YWAM), and are around your age! Yes, one's a guy. But Dianna might be fun to correspond with, too. Then you'd have contacts here in CO and HAVE to come visit them sometime!! :) Good idea! A. Lil

    ReplyDelete