Saturday, May 21, 2005

Never Ending

Wow, the last few days have been work work work. I believe it is 13 days I work until I get a day off, and mind you most of those are doubles(both jobs in one day). All the day waitresses at work are trying to slow me down. They say I am wearing myself out. Maybe it is true but I cant help it! If they need me Ill go! In all honesty though I have really been enjoying Red Robin. The people are just great and if your in a good mood then more people tend to be as well! The other day I gave myself a break. It was pretty lame. I had already worked 6 hours since 930 in the morning and I was like, whatever, I deserve a break Im going on one. We had no manager in the Front of House, hence why I was there, and so I just told the bartender and he could handle my duties for half an hour! It was so relaxing. It is amazing how much energy you can great from a break.
Well I had my first training shift as a waitress on wednesday. It was quite hectic. But that was because Kim, who is training me, is a super lady. She can handle 17 tables. So it got really busy. Thankfully I know I will never need to handle that much! Oh I just cant wait till I can serve. I always wanted to be a waitress when I was little. That and a cashier...dont ask me why! Know both dreams are coming true yay!
Oh and that reminds me, yesterday moring was horrible!!! I worked at 530am and Mom woke me up at 521. Ack! But ironically I got there early! figure that! It was a pretty bad day though. I didnt get my duties done fast enough and stuff. Not fun. It was really busy from 6 to 7! I went home at 930, fell asleep from 10-2. Oh it felt good. Except for these stupid kids outside! they have this miniature motorbike and they road around and around for and hour. It was soooo loud!
I bussed at Reds which was really nice. I like it because you get better tips and you can actually work hard. Hostessing is a job you dont have to actually break a sweat for. Bussing I get totally lost in my own world. Its great . I made 20 bucks in 3 hours. I was happy, that was even after splitting it with the other busser. Had a fun conversation with a couple of the cooks after. JOhn is great. He is this big huge guy who has worked there as he says "Way too long" which means 4 years. Granted that is a long time. He is a funny guy. He always makes me smile when I talk to him. After I got off I waited fro Mandi to get off an hour later. We ordered some Panago pizza, hmmmm, then jetted off to her house! She has a gorgeous house with her mom and her sister. We watched Anchorman. I had heard a lot about it but had never seen it. It was quite....sick humored but funny. Mandi is a great girl. She is 18 years old. Gorgeous. Oh if you have ever seen the new Phantom of the Opera, well she looks exactly like Christine Daae! It is really freaky! She is getting married in 2 months which is realy exciting!
This weekend all my friends decided to leave me:<. I only found out a couple days ago. Half of them went to Seattle for teh long weekend and the other half went to Kelowna. Wierd eh. Oh well. Im workin doubles most of the days.
Today si yet another double. But short shifts which is awesome. So I am going to go have my nice relaxing bath!
signing off
Cherie

No comments:

Post a Comment