Sunday, August 28, 2005

Kissin' Good'ole Canadian Dirt Goodbye

I will be on Canadian land for apporixametly 6 more hours. Wow. Im so nervous! I thought I would do one more post before I depart for the airport. Plus I am just sitting at home doing nothing but worry! I packed yesterday so today wouldnt be terribly stressful, but it still is. At least Im not running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Today was great though. In the morning I went to see my best friend from elementary school, Sarah Faber. We hung out for a couple hours at Starbucks and went for a little walk in the rain. Then we headed over to Abbotsford and went to Kelsi's. Kels and Kev threw me a bbq!!! It was great fun! Pat, and Andrew showed up from camping last night and brought a friend Jeremy. Then Julie came a little late from church and Britt came for the last few minutes to say goodbye. It was so fun just to hang out and relax for a couple hours. I only started to get figity near the end thinking about everything I packed. But I came home and packed the last things and now it seems good! Got the last bits of food in and bathroom stuff.

I really hope I sleep on the plane but I dont think I will. Its a charter flight so the airplane is quite small! The reason I am so nervous is that I weighed my packs and my suitcase weighs 40lb, my giant back pack wieghs 34lbs, and my carryone weighs 20lbs! With my two checked luggage Im only allowed 44lbs. Then it cost 7 dollars per extra pounds and the most pounds all together can only amount to 70lbs! So Im a little over! Normally I wouldnt be too nervous cuz usually they dont care about that type of things overly. But gas prices are making things a lot tighter! Yet cant some of those pounds be ok since I only weigh a little over a hundred myself:<. Ah I know things dont work that way! Oh well. That would be nice for my sake though at this moment! But all this worriesome stuff is in Gods hands! In Palms it says "Cast your burdens on the Lord and He will sustain you. Yes he will as he has in the past!

I believe my time is up. Good bye everyone in Canada. I will probably blog in the next 24 hours on the dirt of scotland!!!! ya Scotland!!!
cheers
cherie

No comments:

Post a Comment