Sunday, August 14, 2005

Talk About To-Go Service!

Visa Update:
I dont remember how much I have explained about my Visa for the UK situation. I know I asked for prayer, and thank you all who have been praying for me. Its given me such a deep peace. Well near the end of July I got a letter saying that I was missing 4 document for my application. Well they also explained that if I sent them at different times my application could be refused. The problem was, the day before I had sent two of the things without realizing I was missing more. So I decided it was best to wait to hear from them. After three weeks I didnt hear a word. I got the other two things, one was a letter from Scotland and the other was a letter from Vancouver. After many hoops and stings I had to duck under to get the letter from Vancouver I sent them all off. That was two days ago. I sent them express so they will arrive on Tuesday. Please pray that it will only take a few days after that, time is getting short! The DTS (Discipleship Training School) is starting in exactly three weeks.

The last couple days have been quite fun. Work at both places is slowing down so I have nice enjoyable relaxing days here and there. The other night I hung out with all my friends from last summer. We are still all friends but it has been months since we have ALL been together. It was a lot of fun just to see them all again.

Funny story happened at Starbucks yesterday! It was about 930am and we werent terribly busy, but this man came in and had a list of drinks. I believe there 5. This happens quite a bit where one person in the office is nominated to go get starbucks for everyone! Well this guy gave me American money which was interesting since that meant it wasnt for a job. Well after he got all his drinks his phone rang and he got two more! I just got on my fifteen minute break and I saw him struggling trying to balance these two trays on top of each other. So I went over and offered to help him carry them. Im thinking just to his car. Well he says, "Oh really? You dont have to. Im walking back to that building." and point a ways down. It was about two blocks away. I look down there stop for a second and he says "are you sure?" I shrug and go "Why not!" So I walked with this guy two blocks to this huge apartment complex. We had a nice little chat. Turns out he is from San Diego, an ex-military guy and he is in Abbostford for the Air Show. He said he has come for 11 years and its the best in the world!! Go Abbotsford! The place he was staying at was some people he knows friends. So he didnt even know them. And I may have graduated with one of the sons! Confusing I know. But we had a nice little chat about San Diego since my sis and her hubby live near there! When we got to the door the another guy who was waiting just laughed his head off. Plus the guy told him I was employee of the month. I guess a compliment was that no Starbucks person would do this in America! The two guys joked about me coming up to the 16th floor and serve all the people their drinks but I politley declined! Wow that would have been wierd. As I left the guy gave me 5 bucks! I got back and had a few minute left on my break, when the others heard that I walked all that way for the guy they made me take a longer break! It was nice! It took me about an hour to get over that I acutally did that! hahaha funny. Thats exactly what your parent lecture you about not doing. But I think I have good judgement and he was a nice guy and not a creep!

Yesterday I went to the driving range with Mark and Kev. It was quite funny. Mark decided once to miss his ball and hit the plastic thing that all his balls were sitting in, ooo I laughed. Then right after Kev did the same thing, oh dear he was embarrased! HIs balls went everywhere! Then a little later Mark was so sweaty in the heat that as he hit a ball he threw the club too. It bounced off the roof and got a nasty kink in it! Oh dear it was funny.

Tonight I am off to a bachlorette party! Oh its going to be fun. A girl from Red Robin is getting married. She is only 18! Yet the most beautiful thing in the world.! She is marrying a guy who is 23, I went to VCS with him. He was my brothers friend. I used to have a lil crush on him in like grade 3 or something. They are the funniest couple. She is this cute petite thing, and he is this huge drum player type guy! If that makes sense! Itll be nice tonight becuase there wont be terribly much drinkin since Mandi is only 18. The others probably will but they hialrious. We are having a sleep over too! This is the first wedding of my friends I will be going too! Soon the rest will start getting married. Although all my close girlfriends and guy friends dont even have boyfriends or girlfriends yet! Oh dear, maybe it will be longer than I thought!

Well I need to get ready! chow!
cheers
cherie

2 comments:

  1. Cher! I hope you visa pulls thru, and that driving range story is priceless! haha. by the way..good on ya for walking the coffees over for that guy! its no wonder you got employee of the month :)
    KELSI

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, she is so beautiful! I can't believe she's a year younger than I and getting married! woaw! I'm happy for her! Hope everything works out with your visa!
    -stephanie

    ReplyDelete