Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Little Things

Ah my jet lag isnt too bad anymore. I get tired at random times though, but then again that is just me! Julie, Phil, myself and Gary (the head base leader) have had a couple meetings these last two days. They have been very good. I am seeing the big picture and getting to know all the details of what is to come. I am a little nervous since I will be leading some discussions and stuff here and there but so excited at the same time!

About an hour ago we went and picked up our first student to arrive. Duncan, he is from Surrey funny enough! So right now he is just unpacking and such. We have two students arrive tomorrow then 5 on friday and the last to arrive on Saturday. Saturday night is our welcome night where I will be leading some games! Then a big dinner. It will be a full house because on friday the school that started in May is coming back for a weekend from outreach. Well it actually is only half of the school. The other half is in Kenya. Bigger schools tend to split outreach teams. This last school went to Kenya and some stayed in Scotland. So anyhoo the Scotland team is coming back for the weekend to relax, making this house compeletely full.

I thought I would but a picture of my lovely room! Here it is! See the pictures of family and friends. It isnt too cold. The down below is my tiny wardrobe with a lonely chair, and the door! You can see the edge of the bed at the bottom of the picture showing how close it all is. Imagine, all my stuff fits in that wardrobe! Wow! haha

On and exciting note, Phil got engaged last night! To Joy who is from here in Paisley. The great thing is they are having their wedding in BC some time next August and will possibly live in Abbostford. Joy is also a Starbucks Barista so I will have to put in a good word for her back home! It is a very exciting time. Although Joy will be leaving on a missions trip to Africa for the next couple months.
Well I must be heading off, I will be going to a Concert in Glasgow where two friends are part of the Orchestra. I have to meet them all in Glasgow so I need to train alone! Oh itll be fun. Im planning on chilling in Starbucks for a couple hours before I meet them!
Chow!
cherie

1 comment:

  1. cute little room! reminds me a bit of capernwray. you DO have a picture of your californian sister and brother on the wall, right? :)

    love you, cherie

    -heidi

    ReplyDelete