Friday, August 05, 2005

Oh Dear

Before I get into the bad stuff I want to talk about something funny. Last night I couldnt sleep so I decided to watch some news. Hockey is back! Im not much of a fan except when it comes to playoffs. If the Vancouver Canucks make it to playoffs Abby turns into a party city! They actually have to block the main drag with cement blocks cuz every teen in Abby takes their car out for a spin at about 20 km! oh man its hilarious. Well draft is big in Canada. Especially in the little prairie towns. The news was reporting a guy from the tiny town of Cranbrook who had i believe the high up Draft kid. Well he got drafted by the Anehiem Ducks. Oh yes Canucks has had some fun against those guys. Well the same day they announced that he was picked a duck of all birds flew into a section of powerlines. Blacking out the entire town! Oh man I laughed so hard. A duck! They say it had happened by some geese a couple weeks ago as well! Talk about coincidence!

So now onto the not so pretty stuff. I went to the Celebration of Lights with a bunch of friends on Wed night. Celebration of LIghts is also known as Symphony of Fire. It is when a few countries compete against each other with a fireworks display. We saw China's dislpay. It was quite magnificant. The way home is where the story gets interesting. It was a mob walking back to the Sky Train. There were I belive like over 120,000 people there. Imagine them all getting up and leaving at once! Well we were near the not so great crowd. It was a bunch of drunk teens causing a riot. Well they passed us and as they passed, one deiced to punch a few of my friends! They smoked Mark and Jeff three times each in the face! It was really freaky!. Thankfully no teeth got knocked out just bumps and bruises. And a little bit frenzied boys. Well we kept walking up to Burrard St Bridge then headed down Granville. WEll awhile up Granville we ran into the same crowd. Only this time we were the centre of attention. There were about 5 guys surrounding another guy in the middle of the street beating the living daylights out of him. Wow was I thankful I had four guys with me. Everyone just stood back and watched. It was horrible! No one wanted to have any attention drawn to them and get mugged by the other 20 guys yelling at this poor guy. People all over were calling the cops. The guy was getting whipped with some sort of stick. After the guys ran off this poor guy staggered around. As we past him my eyes starting tingling and my mouth hurt, the pepper spray odor was surrounding him. HIs hair face and shoulders were covered in pepperspray. His friend was also holding his eyes from pepper spray. His shirt covered in blood. I could not stop praying for him. I actually broke down adn started crying. A minute later 7 cop cars arrived but the teens had fled by then. I have never been so horrified in my life. Look what society is doing to teens these days. We have had so many stabbings in Vancouver and Surrey it isnt even funny. Young guys rae being stabbed and beat by a ton of people out of racial discirmination. What is this world coming to. When I read in the old testament or even the new testament for that matter of how Sodom and Gomora act, I see so many similarities to our society now. Its sickening. Or paul writing letters in the New Testament to churches in Corinth and such about certain acts that should not be allowed, which are normal now!!!!
The hardest part for me about that beating was that no one helped. There were thousands of people walkin up and down the street but everyone watched. No one wanted the anger on them or to get hurt as well. Sickening.
Society makes me want to cry sometimes. What girls wear now adays was considered porn only 10/15 years ago. Yet now they flaunt it all over. On Wed we even saw a drunk 30 year old walking around with noshirt on nothing one. It was disgiusting. She was making rude comments to every that passed her. Then in teh Sky Train a couple 15 year olds stumbled on with smoking pot! and partially threatened if any one said anything. One cop smelled it as we stopped and asked who it was but everyone was freaked silent. So stupid! These kids cant be older than 15 and here they are totally ruining their lives. Its so sad. I can only pray that God would unviel their eyes from the blindfold Satan has over them one day.
After saying all that, which may not make alot of sense but I have been mulling over it for some time, I thank Go dthere is a YWAM in Vancouver. I just pray that 3 or 4 more will open one day. Surrey even has one! Praise God! Prayer can do miracles. Prayer changed Maurtiania. So amazing.
Well this is really long so I will let you go. Id love to hear your comments. I hope it all makes sense, I havent quite put it all together in my head. But writing it out feels like it helps! God bless!
signing off
cherie

4 comments:

  1. so..you said people didnt do anything..about the guy getting beat up or the people smoking pot on the skytrain... what did you do about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherie, God has given you a heart of compassion. Your tears are for a world of people that God loves and cries for too. Praying - that's what your response was, to answer the previous commenter's question. May God continue to work through your life to touch others. Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anonymous Person,
    See that was a point of why my night was so horrible. Is because I didnt do anything. With the guy getting beat up I was terrified. I have NEVER been that scared for my life in my whole life. All I could do was pray. Pray for everyone in the situation. I wish I could of ran in between them and stopped it but I didnt.
    Then on the Skytrain. I tried desperately to point with my eyes. It didnt work. The securtity dude knew who it was but couldnt do anything.The fear was so great. I found out later my friend had a finger pointing and the boys but was silent. That was all he felt he could do. I wish I just stepped out and told the cops who was smoking the pot but I didnt.
    Ive always thought about those situations and wondered why people dont do something. Well now I know. It gives me a whole new appreciation for Apostle Paul in the bible and all the disciples. The things they went through were so much worse than what I witnessed, yet still it scares me so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cher..dont worry..it was scary and sometimes its hard to jump in. i didnt run over there either. you did what you could do..pray.
    *KElsi

    ReplyDelete